WANJII POWER STATION
The station is in Murang’a south district, situated one (1) km off the Murang’a-Nairobi rd, eighty (80) kms from Nairobi, ten (10) kms from Maragua town and six (6) kms from Murang’a town.
it has four (4) horizontal trancis turbines driving four (4) generators. The machines were commissioned between 1952 and 1954, with an installed capacity of 7.4 mw. The station draws water, for generation, from Mathioya and Maragua