Procurement function at KenGen is handled by the Procurement Division and is guided by the Public Procurement act, 2005 & Public Procurement Regulations 2006.
KenGen advertises tenders requesting suppliers who may be interested to supply various categories of goods or services to participate.
Suppliers who submit an expression of interest are evaluated as per the criteria stated in the tender document and those who qualify are included in KenGen’s list of suppliers over the period stated in the document.
It is from the list of suppliers that request for quotations are sent so that they (suppliers) may bid for goods or services required.
To attain optimum efficiency and transparency in timely procurement of right quality goods, works and services.
- We shall procure competitively priced quality goods and services from the right sources at the right time in accordance to the Company’s Procurement guidelines and procedures.
- We shall continuously improve quality service provision in purchasing and warehousing by reviewing staff strength through training and motivation.
- We shall maintain optimum stock levels.
Our objectives are to:
- Enhance efficient and effective QMS within Procurement Division.
- Obtain quality goods and services from the best source at the most competitive prices.
- Maintain optimum stock levels.
- Achieve economies of scale by procuring the right quantity of goods and services.
- Review staff strength through training and motivation.