Installed capacity: 2 x 1MW
Year of installation: 1957
Turbine type: Vertical Kaplan
Turbine manufacturer: Riva Milano, Italy
Generator manufacturer: Bruce Peebles & Co
Gogo is situated 350km from Nairobi and 45 km from Migori town in Migori County . It was constructed in 1957 by the Macalder Mining Company to supply power to its gold mines. It is a run-of-river station drawing water from the Kuja River (also known as Gucha in the neighbouring Kisii) in a catchment area of 2,980 sq km. Gogo has a head of 19.8m. Power generated at the station is fed into the 33kV network via Gogo- Awendo distribution line. Some of the power generated is tapped at Gogo substation via a spur to Nyatike–Muhuru area.